Friday, June 15, 2012

Television Time!!!


Since it is vacation time… the only source of pure entertainment for me is my Television… (Not my computer guys...What can I possibly download with MTNL wifi?).

                So the Television is 24X7 on for me. But unfortunately, I rarely get the opportunity to place my palms over the remote control.

 








So I know there’s a certain innocent Siddhi in Parichay who is in jail on charges of murder and her husband Kunal is striving to get her out… The same is happening with Priya and Ram in Badde Achhe Lagte Hain, with only the crime differing (Both Ekta kapoor serials FYI)….. Everyone’s beloved Gopi Bahu has been subjected to a face change and her husband, loves her (Omg!)…. Efforts are on to get the seedhi-saadhi, bholli-bhaali Anandi married to the handsome village collector Shiv in Balika Vadhu…. Finally Love is brewing between Arnab and Khushi in Iss Pyaar ko kya naam duu… (Why is everyone keeping serial titles over popular songs? Kya huaa tera vaada, Naa bole tum na mene kuch kahaa, Ye Rishta kya kehlata hai?). Oh Yeah, I know everything that is happening in every soap opera (God, bless me!).




















                I get some hours in the afternoon… when everyone are fast asleep to watch something I want to watch comfortably. But Star World decides to broadcast Castle (stale!) and Master Chef. Yes, Master Chef is great to watch...Especially the junior series…But that’s certainly not what I want to watch in my “alone-to-watch-TV” time! Before people jump to imagine what I like to watch during that time, I would say I love to watch Big Bang Theory, Friends, Full House, or even How I met your mother is fine!

                I aimlessly scroll over Discovery, National Geographic or History channel for documentaries, interesting shows or travelogues! These are damn entertaining and informative to watch.

                I sincerely feel that the cable operator has always been unfair to me! During my exams, he would broadcast every good Bollywood and Hollywood movie to entice me. And now during vacations, Bollywood channels are full of Tollywood movies from Tamil, Telugu, etc dubbed in Hindi in the ugliest manner possible! Hollywood is offering me movies of an era, I can’t recognize!











As far as music goes, I listen to very few English songs from choosiest artists which I never seem to find when I am going through vH1, 9XO or anything… And being a bluff of Hindi music, still I am tired of seeing “Bol Bol Bol Bol Bachchan”, “Imported Kamariya”, “Aa re, Pritam pyare”, “Bihar ke Lala” etc constantly on channels! I go through these channels in the morning sometimes when they play older and better and variety of songs.

 









As evening arrives, there is one hour (minimum!) of news! And when I say news, I obviously mean news from English news channels like NDTV and Times Now (Hindi news channels are an alternative to Comedy Central anyways!). And now with the most coveted (pun intended.) post of President up for grabs, Indian political parties are back with the usual mockery, betrayal and preposterous accusations over the other. Amidst this is a person like Anna Hazare still hoping to see a Lokpal bill being passed! There’s an ACP Dhoble who has decided to eliminate the maledictions of the society by putting a full stop to Mumbai’s parties (Umm, interesting!). News Presenters like Arnab Goswami and Barkha Dutt managing debates over “breaking-news” topics wherein, even after an hour of discussion with party secretaries and eminent people, the information before and after the debate remains constant!



                Then there’s this set of cartoons and sports which starts late night or earlier depending on importance and live telecasts. The on-going Euro cup, simultaneous with Courage, the Cowardly Dog and action movies (if any!) fills up this time slot! So I experience the innocence of watching cartoons along with the toughness by seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and Keanu Reeves battle it out! And also I experience strange patriotism (huh?) while watching sports! 

That’s my TV schedule! Though half of things I watch (mostly, Serials) is absolutely waste of time, I am, in some percentages, getting “entertained”.   And what I cannot disregard is that the things I watch are perhaps the most popular and most viewed ones on Television! That is the reason why they are running! So I better get going to watch how the ever-so-powerful Pratigya manages to tackle another obstacle and save her family! *embarrassed expression*

 Happy TV viewing guys! 





2 comments:

  1. No comments on ur serial watching....
    otherwise awsm thot to ryt on dis topic...mastaaaa

    ReplyDelete