Friday, April 20, 2012

Friendship......






There’s always this ritual…. There are these days when I feel like writing but possess no idea about what to write…. Then I ask my closest pals for a topic… then depending on my thoughts, I write….

A few weeks ago, my good friend asked me to write about “Friendship”!

I didn’t write then, because I was devoid of any ideas… But today (Read: Today my mind went to flashback mode wherein it experienced and re-lived certain moments that happened in the past few days or weeks or even months.), I felt something that I want to pen down.

Friendship…. This word can’t have any synonym! Nor can anyone create one!

Friendship is not only in hanging out together, chatting with each other, watching movies together, playing games with each other, going out on picnics, taking up an activity together, studying together, celebrating birthdays and festivals together etc. These are just actions. Friendship is about all the feelings behind all those actions!

You may have a dozen friends or even more to spend your time in a certain action, but only few FRIENDS to possess those true feelings behind!

Recently I understood one very important feeling that comes in friendship…. SUPPORT!!!!

Every individual has his/her set of fears, dreams, ideas, weaknesses, passions, likes, dislikes etc. And for every aspect we carve for support which can be under the guise of an understanding, an advice, an encouragement, an inspiration etc.

We all like it. We all feel anew after we receive it!

I will give an illustration. Writing is my biggest passion till date. There’s nothing that relieves me or gives me enough solace as writing does. But going back, I don’t think, I would have ever realized this if I didn’t have my friends! My junior college friends made me write poems. They appreciated my every effort, backed me in every line…. SUPPORTED me in my every work! This continued with my degree college friends. They coaxed me to write a blog, commented on each effort, encouraged me in my dream….. SUPPORTED me in every endeavor!

Besides writing, these people also helped me in my every need, made my day when low, stood with me in despair and SUPPORTED me in my decisions!

And I hope this sustains!

Life is incomplete without this “Support-system”! Think about all those friends who supported you in every venture of your life, who stood with you in your every right or wrong doing…. Spend more with all those people….. Support them when they need you….

With this blog I would like to thank all my friends, from nursery to engineering, for their immense support during my every path, my every activity! In every little way, I am grateful to all you guys!

But, last and not the least; it would be unfair if I didn’t specially mention some people…

That individual who is virtually with me 24X7 always..... The one who stands with me in my every laugh, my every frown, my every tear.....the one who listens to my every anxiety, my every fear, my every hue and cry, my every aspiration.  

That individual in whose presence I feel protected…. The one who encourages me to be good in my every role… and inspires me to be a good human being……the one whose words strengthen me in my weakness and motivates me in my step ahead.

Concluding, I would like to put up this quote which I read somewhere…

“The best mirror is a friend’s eye! The glory of friendship is not in the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship; it is in the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to support him!”

( P.S.  Images Courtesy: Friends!!)


 



2 comments: